Saturday, September 15, 2007

Provo River Trail


This morning Jeff and I decided to go for a run along the Provo River Trail. Running along the trail made me realize yet again how much I love Utah. I can't wait until fall starts coming even stronger and all the leaves change even more. Jeff and I have had a really slow start getting back into running since being back in Utah. The altitude change has been really hard but more than that we just haven't been very good about getting up early enough. We just need to get back onto our 4 AM rise and shine schedule again and then we will be fine. I think this run helped us because as we were running there was a race coming the opposite way and we both looked at those runners with their numbers with jealousy! I could feel Jeff all of a sudden start picking up his pace and we both were wishing we were in the race. I'm hoping that did the trick so we can be more motivated to go to bed earlier and get up earlier before winter hits!

2 comments:

jonna said...

You are so dedicated! I am going to try and get into walking again when the little one arrives and I am recovered. There are so many great trails up here, I need to take advantage...plus I can just walk out my front door, not have to drive...I really need to do so. right now I am laying low...getting ready!

The Birds said...

You are so good! I have been doing terrible since I ran the half. I can see what you meant when you said Jeff got burnt out! I plan on going at least three times this week and then doing weights the other three days, we will see if I keep my goal this week, I didn't last week! I only made it twice last week! The nice thing is that it is cooling down so I can go in the morning, afternoon, or early evening! It makes it easier to schedule! Keep posting running stuff so I stay motivated! Hey, let's run a half next year together if you and Jeff are still around!