Wednesday, June 13, 2018

last day


First grade literally flew by.  I just want a rewind button.  It was the BEST year, with the BEST teacher.  She couldn't have been in the care of a more incredible teacher!  Mrs. Mandie made every day magical.  I just wanted to go in her classroom and watch because she was so amazing!  Just one example of how she made learning fun was when she turned the room into a bat cave during their bat unit.  She was so creative and the learning was so hands on and active.  She pushed Heidi at her level and Heidi just soared.  She was so incredibly loving and kind and she noticed and encouraged kind acts.  When the last day of school was over, Heidi cried and cried.  She cried herself to sleep that night because she was so upset about not seeing Mrs. Mandie.  When I asked her to tell me all of the good things about her year and what she would miss the most she said, "I just know Mrs. Mandie loved me."  And that is the biggest reason we love Mrs. Mandie so very much.  How grateful we are for amazing teachers who love and teach and play such a huge role in our kid's lives!!!! 

No comments: