Friday, January 12, 2018

learning to sew

 Jeff's parents got Heidi a sewing machine for Christmas!  She could not believe it!  It is a good little machine and she has had a great time practicing and figuring it out!  I wish I was a better seamstress so I could teach her more!  I told her I could help her make a beanbag or rice bag to start.  She decided she was going to make Savanna a rice bag.  Savanna said, "I know!  You should make it for Mason!"  Mason is our friend who ended up with an infection that put him in the hospital.  Of course Heidi agreed that was the perfect plan so we got right to work!  When I gave it to Mason's mom, she took it to the hospital and said he was using it as a bean bag to play toss with because he was going to stir crazy after being there 5 days.  Heidi was so excited she made him happy!  Now I told we could look for some simple doll clothes or pajama patterns and try to learn together.  She can't wait!


No comments: