Sunday, December 17, 2017

jingle bell 5k

 We signed up to do a 5k at the beginning of the month.  Sadly we had a cold snap that weekend and it was so, so cold!  It was so cold that our three girls were the only kids who showed up to do the fun run! 

Due to the weather, the childcare I thought I had worked out, fell through so that meant that all 3 girls would be doing the race with me.  I was going to switch and do the mile and Jeff was doing the 5k.  When we got to the 1/2 mile mark to turn around, Heidi wanted to keep going so we ended up doing the whole 5k!  Savanna and Caimbree were in the stroller and Heidi was a serious champ and walked and ran by my side!  It was a super hard, super steep course and our stroller has seen better days, but we did it!  We were frozen solid but honestly, I was so proud of my girls.  They didn't complain once! I love them all sooo much and I'm glad I got to experience the race with them!

No comments: