Saturday, August 12, 2017

savanna's first day of pre-k


I cannot believe I only get one more year before this gorgeous little thing goes to kindergarten.  Savanna is an absolute joy and I can't get enough of her funny, spunky little personality.

One morning last week the girls were having a discussion about being "weird".  I am not even sure what brought up but Heidi said something like, "Well, dad said that everyone is weird so it doesn't matter."  Then Savanna, with great passion, said, "Well, I am not weird.  I am AMAZING!"  Oh Savanna, you ARE amazing and I hope that you never, ever let anyone let you feel otherwise.  I love that she stands up for herself and lets things roll off her back.  I love her passion.  I love that everything she does, she does at 110%.   I love her heart and her positive, happy little soul.

When I dropped Savanna off at school, she got nervous.  She was so excited to go and has been talking for months about what she will do at recess first.  As we got in the car she said, "I will talk to my teachers in a few months
 when I know them better."  It takes her a little bit to warm up to new people and new situations.  When we got in the room, she totally panicked.  She cried and didn't want to be left.  By the end of the day she was fine and she said she had a great day and has been asking when she gets to go back again.  I hope it's a good year for her and that she feels comfortable soon.  Her class is almost all girls, which is a welcome change from her almost all boy class last year.

The last picture makes me laugh.  The sun was in Savanna's eyes so I told her to close her eyes and open them on 3.  This is what I got on 3 hahaha!  I love those beautiful eyes on that beautiful girl with the most beautiful heart.

I hope you have the best year, Zanny Zoo!!!!  Your teachers and classmates are so lucky to have a precious girl like you in their class!

No comments: