Monday, July 31, 2017

sewing

Heidi loves anything and everything crafty.  She is so incredibly creative.  Lately she has begging to learn to sew.  Unfortunately, I am not skilled in the sewing department and can't teach her much.  Our activity days leader, Ellie, is an incredible seamstress.  When I asked her how I should go about teaching her, she offered to help Heidi and invited her to an activity day lesson on sewing where they were making pillow cases.  Heidi was glowing the whole week before going and asking everyday leading up to the activity if it was time to go yet.  She woke up the morning of the activity early and was dressed and ready to go by 6 AM!  It was so funny.  She had a great time and Ellie was amazed at how quickly she was picking it up.  I am so grateful she got to learn a little bit.  I need to start working on it myself so we can learn together.

No comments: