Saturday, March 11, 2017

sometimes it snows in march

The weather this year has been nuts.  We had a long and very hot summer.  Fall was nice, but because of the longer summer, it was shorter than the year before.  Winter was so mild. We were outside most of November-February.  Now it's March. And it snowed.  Don't worry, we will be back to 70 by Friday.

We were all pretty excited with the snow when we woke up.  I mean, I may not be a snow person, but seeing the girls and their excitement (and knowing it won't last longer than a day or two), put us all in a happy mood.  Caimbree was so adorable when she woke up and realized it snowed.  Her eyes got a huge twinkle and she said, "I CAN SLED!"  We had fun sledding and Heidi built a small snowman.  Most of the snow was gone by evening.  Heidi lasted longer than Savanna and Caimbree...their hands got cold.

After they were done in the snow they came in for hot chocolate and their favorite movie, Frozen.
 Heidi had another birthday party in the
 afternoon.  It was a great day.

 I am hoping this last half of March shapes up better than the first half.  Usually January is a rough month, but March has not been such a swell start.  Heidi's leg problem started at the very beginning of the month (she seems mostly normal now, but I don't want to jinx it), then the two littles got sick.  They have been battling fevers, coughs, and Caimbree even has a rash.  She tested negative for strep but the doctor said it's classic strep rash so they are both being treated for strep (Savanna is on day 7 for fever, which is why she is being treated with antibiotic).  I threw my back
out again the first week of March.  Thank heavens it only lasted 3 days this time.  I have been battling the worst migraines as well, and I had a doozy that lasted over 48 hours and was bad enough Jeff had to stay home because I was incapable of taking care of the two youngest and since they were sick, it was our only option.  Thankfully that has passed and I am praying I don't have another one for a really long time.  We are hopefully on the tail end of sicknesses in time for spring break next week!  We cannot wait!  We have a four wheeling trip planned and will hopefully have warm enough temperatures to go hiking a few times around here.  Hopefully spring will last awhile before summer hits.

No comments: