Tuesday, November 29, 2016

thanksgiving

 Thanksgiving was so fun this year.  We were able to have my whole entire family together at our house.  I am not sure that has ever happened since everyone has been married.  The girls could not have been happier.  I don't think I even saw them the first few days my parents and sister arrived.  They had so much fun and they are still crying about everyone being gone.
 Thanksgiving morning we all did the local Give 'n Gobble race to benefit the Help Center.  It was a great way to start the morning.  Our girls started by chasing someone dressed as a turkey to try to catch a feather.  Then Heidi, my sister, and two of my nephews ran the mile while Jeff, my brother Eric, and I ran the 5k.  It was a tough course, but it felt so good to do a race again.  I have been working so hard to build miles and I hope my knee and back can cooperate enough to get me back to running races more regularly.



 After the race we came home and had a delicious Thanksgiving meal!  My mom made a really yummy turkey and Jeff smoked a ham.  It was all so good and it was so nice to be with everyone together!  Thanksgiving is the greatest.

No comments: