Monday, March 7, 2016

house progress

I haven't posted much about the house lately, but it is moving right along.  The sheet rock and mudding and taping are now complete.  The siding and stone are going up on the outside, and some tile is going in this week.  Here are a whole heap of pictures that probably aren't super interesting, but I want to remember this part of construction.  This first one is obviously the entryway.  When you walk in to the right there is a room that we will use as the piano room, just like in our other house.
This is the hallway upstairs.  There are two bedrooms, a bonus room, a bathroom, an awesome attic, and two linen closets upstairs.
This little room is off of the great room downstairs and will be used as an office/craftroom.  We are in the process of figuring out how we are going to do cabinets, desk area, etc.
This is Savanna's room upstairs, and it is my favorite bedroom.  It has two windows that have a great view and overall the room just has so many options for furniture placement.  Eventually I think two of the girls will be in this room.
Bonus room.  Once we get a pull out couch, this will also be the guest quarters.  It is a great space and we love the way the builder found ways to utilize space.
More of the bonus room...it's going to be a great play space.
This is Savanna bouncing around Heidi's room.  The closet in her room is ridiculously big. We had to do some rearranging to make this room work because of the third car garage we added, but Heidi is pleased as punch with her choice of this room.  It's actually funny because there was no fighting, they both picked which room they wanted and thankfully they were different rooms haha.  Although, I have a feeling after sharing a room for a year they will both have a little separation anxiety from each other.
This is after you come in from the foyer.  There is a fireplace that will have stone up to the vault and it opens into the kitchen.
The kitchen and great room...oh how I love this space so much more than our other house.  I mean, I did love my other kitchen/great room, but I like this one much better.
These two little sweeties were at the house with me today meeting with the shower guy while Heidi was at school.  They were so cute and are very, very often found holding hands.  Melts my heart.
This is the dining area right off of the kitchen.  I love all the windows around.  There are french doors leading out to a covered patio.  Jeff is going to build me a 7 foot farmhouse table after we move in and I can't wait!  He loves woodworking and is super excited about the project as well.

Finally, this is the garage area.  Jeff will use the third car garage as his little workshop and the car and van will go in the two car sections.  I think trim is the next thing on the list, but it might be a 2-3 week wait for the guy we are using.  Our builder assures us he more than worth the wait.  I can't wait to see the trim details and we really all just cannot wait to get moved in and settled in our new home!  We absolutely love our builder and are thrilled beyond words at how everything is coming along.  We hope to have lots of visitors once we get settled!

No comments: