Thursday, February 25, 2016

funny little girls

 Caimbree loves to snuggle.  She often comes to me with her blankie ("clankie") and asks to "rock."  This morning Savanna was adamant that she was the one to snuggle and do the rocking.  She looks so cute with her new haircut sporting her groovy sunglasses.  Caimbree calls Savanna "Wanna", which sounds like Wanda and it makes us laugh every time she wants her Wanna.

I wanted to record a few funny things these two have been saying/doing lately.

*The girls were playing legos and Caimbree brought me one of the people to fix because all the pieces were separated.  She didn't bring me the pants so I told her to go get the pants.  She took off at a full run, but to her bedroom.  She came back out with a pair of her pants to put on the Lego girl.
*We took the Jeff's commuter car (which is what the girls call the car every time they mention it) to church.  When we got home and pulled into the driveway, Savanna, with a very concerned voice, said, "Wait!  Where's the commuter car?!" Heidi says, "We're in it".  To which Savanna responded, "Oh.  Silly me."

*Savanna refers to goosebumps as freeze bumps.

*After playing in the tub for a long time and then getting out, Savanna looked at her fingers and was very worried and said, "Where did my normal fingers go??!!"

*When we were checking out at Kroger, Savanna kept saying, "I'm full of bologna."  The cashier thought it was pretty funny.  That night I told her to tell Jeff what she said at Kroger and she said, "I'm full of meat!"

*I made the girls french toast for breakfast.  I ran out of bread and there was still a little egg mixture left so I scrambled it and put it on my plate.  When Savanna saw my plate she said, "Oh my!  That's QUITE the breakfast!"

Sometimes being a mom can feel so...what's the word?  Exhausting, 
worrisome...heavy.  Some days are wonderful and 
magical and other days I am counting the seconds to bedtime.
I can't keep up with the housework, I don't ave enough time to give to each girl
exactly what they need.  I feel like am always, always failing in some capacity or another.
But I love these girls more than I ever thought possible and wouldn't 
trade any of the craziness, lost sleep, or worry.  I can't
wait to see the amazing people they become and I am so very grateful
for the love and laughter they bring into or home.  I just wish
they could stay little longer.

No comments: