Thursday, December 24, 2015

a very merry christmas eve

 I love Christmas Eve.  I might even like it more than Christmas day.  I just love that there is still so much anticipation, everyone is usually very happy, and the girls are excited about our fun traditions.  We started the day by getting donuts.  Donuts are my weakness so we only get them once a year and Christmas Eve is our day!  The weather here is amazing.  I mean, some people might not like warm Christmas weather, but I love it.  It was 70 degrees and absolutely beautiful!  We spent almost the entire day outside jumping on the trampoline, playing on the swing set, and riding bikes at the lake.
 We made homemade pizza for dinner and then read the Christmas story in Luke and finished up all of our other scripture reading we have been doing as we studied the birth of Christ and Christ's ministry this month.  Then we had hot chocolate, opened Christmas jammies, went to look at Christmas lights, and watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  Savanna was a little concerned about Santa coming and a strange man being in her house when she was asleep.  She has been extra fun this year with all of the Christmas stuff.  My favorite thing is that all of the presents she knew, she told and it was hilarious the way she so innocently told.  Really it was just me and Jeff
but it was sooooooo funny.  She was looking at the presents under the tree with Jeff and picked one up and when she felt it she got this big twinkle in her eye and said, "Oh dad, this must be your sweater!"  Then when I came back from getting my hair done, I asked what they did and she stuck her finger up and said, "Oh!  We got you a pink purse!"  It was seriously the cutest thing and of course Heidi's eyes got big and she got this panicked look on her face and said, "Oh no, Savanna.  You forgot, we just got her shirts."


I am excited to see their little faces tomorrow morning.  I love them all so much and hope they have a really special Christmas.

No comments: