Monday, May 11, 2015

the latest funnies

The baby books are in a box in the garage, but there are some funny things Heidi said in the last week that I don't want to forget.  I can't write them in her book where I keep a record of them, so I figure if I write them here I can at least remember and add them to her book later.

Heidi: Have you seen my brown sandals?
Me: No, I haven't.  Have you checked your closet?
Heidi: They're probably in some random box in the garage.

Yeah, we have a lot of "random" boxes.  Ha ha.


While on the trampoline this morning:

Heidi: Mom!  Don't jump that high!
Me: Why?
Heidi: Because I'm fragile.


Getting off the trampoline the other trampoline the other day:

Heidi: Mom, can you help me down so I don't get my pants wet?
Me: Sure
Heidi: Okay, take me off like a tropical fruit.

I wasn't sure how exactly to take her off like a tropical fruit, but I gave it my best shot.


Right before bed last night Heidi said she had to go out to the mailbox to "get something".

Me: There's no mail on Sunday.
Heidi: Oh, I know.  It's something else.
Me: What?
Heidi: Savanna's necklace
Me: Why is her necklace in the mailbox?
Heidi: Because she was throwing a fit and I told her if she didn't stop screaming I would put her necklace in the mailbox and she didn't stop screaming.

In case you're wondering, I have never once threatened putting any of their things in the mailbox to get them to behave--ha ha ha.  I was laughing so hard I couldn't even discipline her for taking it upon herself to mother her sister.


If she doesn't want to do something she always says "insist me".

Me: Get your shoes on and we can go for a bike ride around the lake.
Heidi: If you insist me to go around the lake I will.


Heidi refers to the house we live in as the 'rental house'...always.  In every.single.situation.

Me: Should we go home?
Heidi: You mean to the rental house?

Heidi: I just put the crackers in the rental house.

Heidi: Did you pick up another key for the rental house?

If anyone asks her how she likes her house she always says, "It's a rental house."

When the washer flooded she said, "I can't believe all this water is on the floor in the rental house!"

When she has conversations on her little fake phone she saying things like, "Oh yeah, yeah.  Well, we're just in a rental house for now."

And if, heaven forbid, Savanna does anything like bump into a wall Heidi is the first to say, "Savanna!  We don't OWN this house!  It's a rental house!  You need to be careful."

Cracks me up every single time I hear her say "rental house".  What 4 year old knows they live in a rental house?  Apparently Heidi.

And Savanna...

On Sunday in sacrament meeting Jeff was holding my hand.  Whenever Savanna saw, she would push Jeff hand away and start holding my hand.  I guess she was a little jealous.

There were tic tacs in the diaper bag and of course Savanna found them.  She kept calling them "Tic Toes."  We were laughing so hard.  I guess she was thinking tic-tac-toe.




No comments: