Friday, May 1, 2015

saying goodbye

The moving truck came Monday morning.  They came and packed us up and the girls and I went and said goodbye to a few of our friends.  It was a very emotional day to say the least.  When we built that house, I would have never in a million years ever, ever thought we would leave.  I thought Jeff would retire there.  I thought our girls would be coming home from college for Thanksgiving there.  We made so many wonderful friends and had such an amazing support system.  We loved our home.  We loved our ward.  We love our memories there.  The emotions of leaving are still very raw for me.  I still wonder if we made the right choice.
Heidi had her last day of dance and dance pictures that day as well.  Oh my goodness.  So hard.  Heidi's dance teacher was an absolute blessing. Heidi idolized her and learned so much.  She could not have had a better experience and I am still teary eyed thinking about her missing her last performance.  I hope I can find her a dance class she will enjoy as much as this one.

All I can say is...change is hard.  No matter what the change is and this change is kind of huge.  I never thought I would ever feel like Wyoming was home, but it was and the people we met there changed our lives for the better.  A piece of our hearts will always be in Wyoming--especially Lyman.  We sure loved that town and all the people we met there.  I hate goodbyes.

No comments: