Friday, May 1, 2015

hitting the road

 On Tuesday the movers came and loaded everything up.  We spent the day cleaning, I went to my last night of Bunco, and then we hit the road. Jeff came to pick me up from Bunco and I bawled. Driving away from the house for the last time was not easy.  I still try not to picture my house.  It's still too fresh and I feel lost and alone and thinking of my comfortable place makes me hurt more.

We thought the girls would just sleep and we would try to get through a lot of Nebraska.  They didn't sleep.  Not one of them for more than about an hour at time.  So we decided to just call it quits and spent the night in Cheyenne.  The first two hotels we tried were booked.  We got a little nervous but finally found a Days Inn that had a room.
The room had bunk beds!  Bunk beds!  Oh my heavens.  My girls were so excited!  I had never heard of such a thing but after having them once, it turned into a necessity and we had to find hotels everywhere we went.  We lucked out the first 3 nights and then they had to share a bed the next few.

We made lots of stops to stretch our legs along the way. We stopped at a little museum somewhere in Nebraska and they played on this little climbing thing at a little school we passed on a walk we took.  Overall, the girls really were good travelers!  We were happy to make it through Nebraska by the end of Wednesday.

No comments: