Thursday, April 2, 2015

moving updates

This picture has nothing to do with the post, but I really don't like posting without a picture so here are the girls hanging out this morning.  Heidi has been wearing this apron for 3 days straight now, Savanna wants Caimbree on her lap at all times, and Caimbree is starting to crawl and wants nothing to do with Savanna's lap!

We went to Tennessee last week to look for homes.  The older two girls stayed with Jeff's mom and didn't want to come back home.  We are grateful they were loved and well taken care of while we were gone because we missed them like crazy!!!!  I am glad we don't have to leave them for long periods of time anymore because that was really, really hard for us.

Anyway, the house hunt was discouraging to say the least.  We didn't find anything we were interested in and we have yet to find anything to rent.  CRAZY!!!!!!  I can't believe there are no rentals!!  I have posted on multiple sites and I am constantly calling on leads but they all turn out to be dead ends or have someone already in line.  As easy as it would have been to find something, the truth is we really don't know the area enough to commit to something because we are so unsure of Jeff's commute.  And let's be honest...after building this house exactly the way we wanted it, it is REALLY hard to look at homes the same way.   I keep telling myself it's going to be fine but at night the reality of it all hits and I have had quite a few panic attacks....never had those before, and I hope they stop soon.

While in Tennessee we stopped at the schools only to discover that Heidi will miss the kindergarten deadline by 4 days and there is no testing this year.  I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of fine with it for now.  Remember how the thought of Heidi being gone all day has been really difficult for me?   I am sad because I had an August birthday and I liked being on the young side and finishing school early and Heidi is seriously ready in every single way.  But the move will be an adjustment and she may need that extra year to feel comfortable in her surroundings.  I did find a little Christian pre-k program and have her on the list for that so that will be good.  She will go 2 days a week for 4 hours and they have a class with other kids who also miss the deadline so I think it will be good for her.

So there you have it.  If you're the praying type, send out a prayer for us to find a rental....we need all the prayers we can get!

No comments: