Monday, April 6, 2015

easter sunday

My grandparents live about 4 hours from us in Idaho.  I told Jeff I wanted to make sure we went and visited before we moved even further away.  Easter was the perfect opportunity.
My mom and my sister were there so we got to see them as well.  My girls were in heaven all day and Heidi keeps asking to go back to great grandma's house.  My mom got them a little card game set and she hasn't done anything else but play games all day long!
My grandma is the most amazing, selfless woman!  She has spent her life serving others and her family.  I have never heard her complain about watching grandchildren or great grandchildren or about how many extra people she feeds at what seems like every meal!  (She is also the best cook I have ever known).  She is also an incredible seamstress.  She made the blessing dress all three of my girls and have myself have worn and my wedding dress!
I have so many memories from summers spent with my grandparents.  From going on service calls and riding horses with my grandpa to running around in the backyard with all of my cousins.  I remember my grandma taking us to swimming lessons and taking us to church.  She always brought a pack of smarties in her purse for sacrament meeting.  I am sad we are going to live so much farther away.
My mom also gave the girls these hilarious lollipop binky things.  Savanna was so excited about it and the drive was peaceful as long as she had it in her mouth!  So funny.  The 4 hour drive was a challenge and I kept reminding the girls this was just a warm up for the lllloooonnngg drive we will make in a few weeks!  Ha!  The drive consisted of Heidi asking literally every 2 minutes either, "Are we there yet?" or "How much longer?"  In between her questions Savanna would scream, "OUT!!!"  at the top of her lungs.  Caimbree was the easiest traveler.  They both thought the drive was totally worth it in the end and I am so glad we were able to make the trip.

No comments: