Wednesday, December 18, 2013

yes, it's true

I wasn't going to post this until we knew the gender, but unfortunately, I am growing even more quickly than I was with Savanna and I don't want people to think I am just letting myself go...ha ha.  Plus, I told my family finally, and no offense to my dad, but it won't be a secret for long anymore.  :)

I am almost 13 weeks along now.  The baby is due June 28th.  With a c-section they will schedule the birth around June 20.  If the baby decides to come early like Savanna, I am guessing somewhere between the 10th and 13th.

I had my 12 week appointment Monday.  They couldn't find the heartbeat and that was a little scary at first.  They took an ultrasound and everything is fine and measuring right on.

In case you're trying to do the math, Savanna and the baby will be 20 months apart.  Yes, this baby was planned.  We were going to wait a year but Jeff and I both had an overwhelming feeling we were supposed to have a baby.  Then Heidi started talking about how Savanna came from heaven and the baby is coming from heaven too.  So we decided we better not wait a year, and besides, it might take awhile to get pregnant again.  But, wouldn't you know?  This time it didn't.  So it's going to be super crazy for a few years, but in the long run, I think it will be fun to have them close together.  Jeff is excited about this because he thinks it will make camping easier...ha ha.  Glad that's what Jeff is worried about.

We find out the gender on January 8.  I am so excited to find out what we are having!  Heidi thinks it is a girl and has already named the baby...I think it's just hard for her to imagine anything but a girl.  Jeff also thinks it's a girl, as he has every time, but I also think it's just hard for him to imagine a boy.  Plus, he really wants another girl.  Not that he will be sad if it's a boy, but he seriously loves having little girls and is a bit nervous about a boy.  I am outnumbered because I am convinced more than ever before that the baby is a boy.  I just can't imagine we would have 3 girls in a row and I feel a little different than I did with the girls.

So far the worst part of the pregnancy are the headaches...again.  Sometimes they aren't as bad as they were with the girls, but I get about 3 a week and every other week I get a really, really nasty one that knocks me out.  Now that I am 12 weeks there is a medicine I can take, but unfortunately it doesn't work all of the time.

Anyway, so that is the big news around our house!  We are excited the baby is coming in warm weather and can't wait to meet our newest addition!

What's your gender guess??  Take the poll on the sidebar!  I'm curious as to what everyone thinks!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Chase and Taylor are 21 months apart. In some ways it's easier, and in some ways it's harder (at first), but overall it's just a blessing!:)

Dana said...

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you!

Fleck Family said...

Early summer time is a fantastic time for a baby!!! I am so so excited for you guys!