Friday, December 27, 2013

christmas fun

 What a great Christmas we had this year!  Heidi was at the absolute perfect age.  The whole month was so exciting and we enjoyed watching her experience the magic of the season.  On Christmas Eve the girls got to open their Christmas jammies.  Heidi got slippers with hers and she was so excited.  She has been begging for slippers for a long time.
 Savanna wasn't quite sure what to do with the presents, but she let Heidi show her it was done and enjoyed playing with the wrapping paper.  After we opened their pajamas we went and looked at Christmas lights.  We came home and had hot chocolate and donuts and watched a Christmas light show.  Heidi was more than happy to get to bed so Santa could come.
 Christmas morning was so much fun!  The girls were excited to see their stockings and we were excited to watch them empty them out.  If you have never seen Savanna, this is her typical cheeser face.  Really, it's just how she smiles and we are so thankful we get to see that cute little face all the time.  I have yet to meet a happier child than little Savanna.
 My favorite part of the day was watching Heidi explore her stocking.  She got the lambie doll she had been hoping for, but she was really just as excited about every other thing in her stocking.  She would pull out a hershey kiss and squeal, "AHHHHH!!!!  A HERSHEY KISS!!!!  I MUST HAVE BEEN SOOOO GOOD!"
 Savanna was just thrilled Santa didn't forget to leave her sweets.  It didn't take her 2 seconds to have her candy cane open.  I am pretty sure she was on a sugar high all day!  She would go take a piece of candy to someone new and beg until they opened it for her.  This girl loves her sweets.
 Savanna was a little under the weather, but she was still a delight.  She loved having the commotion and extra people to give her attention.
 Heidi got an art easel and it has been so much for her!  It keeps her quite busy and I am excited to help her get more practice writing her letters.
 We were SO glad grandpa and grandma came to spend the holiday with us!  They enjoyed playing Savanna's new game more than Savanna and we enjoyed watching them play.  Seriously, we were so, so, so glad to have them here to help us celebrate.
Grandpa and Heidi playing the fish game.

I love Christmas.
I love it so much more with little kids around.
I love celebrating the birth of our Savior.
I love teaching my kids about the birth of our Savior.
I love the magic of all the traditions.
I love Christmas.
I can't wait for it to come again next year.

No comments: