Tuesday, December 17, 2013

dance recital

 Heidi had her very first dance recital on Thursday!  I am so proud of her!!  She has absolutely loved taking dance.  She looked so pretty in her performance dress and was excited to wear make up.
 Heidi's friend, Sammy, takes dance also.  They aren't in the same class, but they are in preschool together and get along really well.
 I really wasn't sure if Heidi was going to get up on stage and dance since she has always been so clingy and has a hard time with anything new.  She proved me wrong!!  I was seriously so proud of her.  She looked adorable.  They danced to I' m a little teapot and I want a hippopotamus for Christmas.
The absolute funniest part of the night was when Heidi's dance ended.  All of her class exited the stage, but apparently she didn't see them leave or didn't want to go with them.  She stood up there looking around, smiling, and squinting at the lights.  I haven't laughed that hard for a really long time.  Finally one of the teachers came and helped her off the front of the stage.  After her second dance she didn't want to leave backstage with the other girls and went to the front of the stage again so her teacher could get her down that way.  I guess I didn't need to worry about her getting on the stage.  I should have been talking to her about getting off the stage.  We sure love our little dancer and we are so glad she is enjoying learning to dance!

No comments: