Tuesday, September 24, 2013

dodging missiles

 Wednesday-Saturday I run during Savanna's morning nap.  Now that she is mobile, it's just easier. A lot easier.  I have been teaching preschool Monday and Tuesday mornings, which means my routine had to be changed those days.  I have to run before her morning nap and before the kids get here.
 Savanna is a hoot.  Seriously.  She has the funniest little personality and she is the biggest, most gigantic tease.  She doesn't just love to tease, she loves to be teased as well.  Anyway, this week I pulled out every single toy Savanna would want and put her clear over on the opposite side of the treadmill.  By the time I am about 3 minutes into my run she is right at the treadmill.  No surprise really.  I love seeing her little face peeking and laughing at me.  However, she discovered a new game.  It's called, 'put toys on the treadmill and watch mom try to dodge them as they go flying off the end of the belt.'  While this makes my workout quite difficult, I have to admit it is pretty hilarious watching her reaction.  It really is like dodging missiles but one look at that happy little face helps me forget how annoying it can be.
In other news, Savanna is pretty obsessed with her binkys.  She cracks me up.  When I go to get her after naps or in the morning she has one in her mouth and one in each hand.  The second you take the one out of her mouth she quickly pops one in from one of her hands.  When you take that one out, the other hand quickly pops that one in.  Now that she is standing and walking along all the furniture she is doing a new trick that is so funny.  If there is a binky sitting on the couch or whatever she is walking along, she walks over to it, but instead of putting it in her hand, she leans over and picks it up with her mouth.  It doesn't always go in so straight, but she doesn't seem to mind.  It makes me laugh every time I see her do it.  I just adore Savanna's little personality.  She is the happiest, funniest little girl and we are so lucky she is ours to love.

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

She is a cutie! You just have to love these little one that come into our lives!