Sunday, August 18, 2013

visitors

We have been so busy this last month.  My parents decided to come visit for a week.  They came on my birthday and stayed almost a week.  We had a lot of fun and I loved having an extra set of hands to watch the girls so I could run outside every morning.  It was quite a luxury and I am dreading getting back on the treadmill tomorrow.  Boo.
 We tried to keep everyone entertained while they were here.  We went up and got a small load of wood one evening.  That turned into quite an adventure because Jeff got a flat tire on the way back.  We went to a rodeo one night.  We also went to the Fort Bridger site and museum another day.  The girls really liked the museum.  Let's be honest, Savanna is happy and entertained no matter where you go or what you do, but Heidi had a lot of fun there too.
 There is a little play area in the museum that the girls had fun playing around in.  While we were looking at exhibits I was pointing to something in an exhibit for Heidi to see and set off an alarm...whoops.  They came over and explained that the sensors are extra touchy or something.  I love being the center of attention so it was awesome.  The girls were so good and Heidi was so excited about everything.  When we left the lady told me she had never seen such well behaved little ones.  It's always nice to hear that once in awhile...especially since all the added people and activities made her, shall we say, a little less than perfect.
My sister, dad, me, and the girls at Fort Bridger.  Heidi had a blast playing with Aunt Melissa.

While here, my mom made Heidi's birthday present and she got to open it before she left.  Since Heidi is obsessed with playing doctor she made her a doctor's coat that says, "Doc Heidi" on the pocket.  We ended up giving her one of her presents a little early (a doctor's kit) so she could use the kit. She has been playing in her coat and fixing all her animals non-stop since last Thursday!

No comments: