Tuesday, May 21, 2013

teaching license

So my teaching license expired in January.  I kind of forgot between the big move and having a newborn at home.  I knew I had plenty of credits and I have always had a goal to keep my license up to date because you never know what life will bring and I would hate to need it and not have it current.  Plus, it's a lot easier to just keep it current than to start all over.  So, I dragged the girls to the police department for fingerprints (I swear I have had my fingerprints taken 5 times in the last 5 years for teaching), I dragged them to find a notary, I used their naptime to fill out applications, I ordered my stinking Praxis scores again, I spent loads of time on the phone with PTSB making sure I had everything together, I paid a large chunk of money to renew the blasted thing, and then I dragged the girls to the post office to mail it all in.  It was such a pain and I wasn't sure it was even worth all the trouble.  After waiting 8 weeks, my new license finally came.  I felt a huge sigh of relief when I opened it.  I am glad I didn't waste the credits I already had and I feel the biggest weight off my shoulders knowing I have a current teaching license.  I don't plan on going back before it expires again, but as I mentioned before, you just never know what life will bring.

No comments: