Thursday, August 16, 2012

lately

Can you tell the sun is a little bright?
 I haven't posted in a little while, but to be honest I haven't been home a whole lot.  Here's what we have been up to:

1. We have been to Utah a few times for doctor appointments.  Everything appears to be fine, but I am measuring big...ugh.  Total opposite of pregnancy with Heidi.
2. I turned 31.
3. I went on a quick trip to California to visit family and friends.  Just Heidi and I went since Jeff had to work and I decided I just couldn't handle another week of being alone in our apartment.
4. Jeff got a promotion in his company.  He will be going back to straight days.  He is so excited for the new opportunity and I am excited to see him a little more often, although it will make middle of the week errands a little harder to run.
 Heidi and I flew to California on my birthday.  She LOVED the airplane and was an absolute angel.  Of course California was having record level heat, but at least my parents and the hotel had a pool.  My best friend from high school made a special trip to come visit.  We had so much fun catching up and of course she thought my little Heidi was a doll.
 Heidi had fun playing with a real phone.  I unplugged it of course...she called her daddy repeatedly.  It was too cute.
 My parents have lots of fun pool toys but this little floatie was a favorite. Who knew Heidi would spend so much time in the water this summer?  I should have invested in a few swimming suits.
 Heidi was absolutely in love with my little sister, Melissa.  She cried anytime she left her sight.  It was so precious.
 Heidi even convinced Melissa to crawl around the entire pool like a baby...Heidi's new favorite game.
When I got home I was excited to see the roof on our house.  Let me tell you, it could not be finished soon enough.  It probably isn't going to be done before the baby comes in November, but I am still crossing my toes, fingers, arms, and legs.

So there is the quickest version I could give of our lives the last few weeks.  The next thing is hopefully scheduling a trip to Idaho to visit my grandparents before summer ends.  I am hopeful that the busier we stay, the quicker it will seem before we get in the house!

No comments: