Thursday, August 30, 2012

getting messy

 I am really not a messy projects kind of person...especially with kids.  BUT...I do have a toddler and I want her to experience things even if they aren't so convenient for me.  Today it started to rain when we were at the park so we headed home to do some finger paint.  I am ashamed to say this is the first time I have ever done finger painting with Heidi.
 Heidi doesn't love being a mess so she was quite hesitant at first and I had to really encourage her to get going.  Yes, she's the type that doesn't like to have anything on her hands or face (although she did do quite well with the birthday cake).  The second she has something on her fingers she wants it off.  Once she got busy, she (almost) completely forgot about what a mess she was.  I was so glad I got the paint out today, because she had a lot of fun.
Of course she had just as much fun standing at the sink laughing that she was nakie while she washed her hands.  For twenty minutes after the paint she kept saying, "Heila all clean now!"  I have a feeling we'll be taking the paint out quite a bit as the weather turns!

No comments: