Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Stats Are In!

Well, the stats are in. I took Heidi for her 9-month doctor visit...although she is more like 9.5 months. Just as we suspected, she is still tiny.

Height: 26 3/4 in.--17th percentile
Weight: 14 lbs. 12 oz.--Below 3rd percentile

I really, really thought she was at least 15, but I guess she's close enough. I think most of her weight is carried in those cheeks. Looks like she'll be in the rear facing car seat at 1 anyway unless by some miracle she puts on 5 pounds in 2.5 months.

The last few days she has been doing this little cheeser face. My favorite is when I get one with a crinkly nose. We are having so much fun watching her discover herself and her world.

In other news, Jeff has been nothing but a work machine and it is driving us all nuts! Looks like he'll start his actual new schedule on the 18th and we couldn't be more excited. Today is day #8 of 12-hour shift with no day off. UGH! I take my hat off to all single parents out there...it is hard work! He's hoping Heidi remembers who he is when he is actually home. He's supposed to have tomorrow off but I am not holding my breath. We are planning on celebrating with a serious vacation to CA so Heidi can meet her great grandma.

In spite of the craziness of our house lately I managed to wash a blue gel pen with a load of laundry...Heidi's clothes. To say I am mad is an understatement. The worst part was I didn't notice until after everything was dry. Some of her clothes were new summer clothes she didn't even have a chance to wear. SO MAD!!! I managed to make most of them at least wearable, but there are a few that will be "work in the yard with mom and dad" clothes. SO MAD!!!!!!! Heidi wasn't thrilled about spending the entire day "helping" try to salvage them either. Oh well. In three months she won't be able to wear any of them anyway, right?

3 comments:

The Peterson's said...

She is so cute and very tiny! Sadness about the clothes:(

Lindsey said...

I completely feel for you and those clothes! I would have been so MAD too, if that had happened to me. Glad to hear that I am not the only one things like that happen to.

Lea Tame said...

Dang, my 3 month old is probably 14 lbs! But, Joshua was like Heidi, very tiny. Tall and skinny for him. By the way, Avonlea was wearing that same romper today!