Sunday, June 12, 2011

California Girl

Jeff finally had some time off work so we headed to California so Heidi could meet the great-grandma she was named after. We had been dying for Heidi to meet her, but scheduling never worked out. So when Jeff had time off, we decided to just go.

First stop: Grandpa and Grandma H's in Utah. Heidi took her first dune buggy ride and LOVED it! She had quite the grin when she returned. Thank you Grandpa and Grandma H for loving our little Heidi so much!

We stayed the night in Vegas and then headed the rest of the way to California. I have to say, I was worried, but holy cow do we have a good little traveler!! I did have to sit with her most of the time in the back, but seriously, she was SO good!

We stayed with my grandma in Malibu so we could spend as much time as possible with her. We went to beach and Heidi, well, liked it about as much as she likes her bath. In other words, she hated it! It was a little cold and windy though.



We also went to the Santa Barbara zoo...my all time favorite. Heidi really liked the zoo, more than I expected. If she hadn't of needed a nap I think we could have stayed all day. She loved watching the animals.

We also went with my grandma to visit my grandpa's grave. I so wish he was still alive to meet his first great granddaughter (everyone in my family has boys).


But the best time we had was spending time with family and good friends. There were many people that had never met our little one and she was quite the charmer making sure everyone thought she was just as darling and funny as we do.

3 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Fun trip! California has been chilly this spring. But I can't really say for sure because this is my 1st spring here. But everyone else keeps tell me that. You guys look good!

Kurt and Julie said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Thanks for the phone call sorry we can never get a hold of one another! But give me a call I would love to chat with you. Only about 4 1/2 weeks to go till we have this little one here! Hope you guys are doing well. Love ya!

The Johnsons said...

Looks like fun!