Monday, April 18, 2011

Eight Months

We sure love this bright eyed little girl and are loving watching her grow and change every day, although we all know it goes way too fast.
*She has both bottom teeth and her top gums are swollen.
*Trying to crawl, but probably has a little ways to go. Get up on all fours and rocks. She goes backwards...can't figure out the arms yet. Usually gets herself into quite a pickle.
*Rolling, rolling, rolling all over. Whatever way you set her down, she flips over immediately. Funniest on the diaper pad. Keeps us on our toes! *She thinks peek-a-boo is the best game in the world.
*Likes to be flipped upside down.
*Favorite toys are her hairbrush and a good set of measuring spoons.
*Not a fan of the bath. What kid doesn't like the bath?
*Still an early to bed/early to rise kind of gal. She has been getting up earlier than usual, but won't go back to bed...not cool! Lately she sleeps from about 7-5:30. I keep trying to change it to 8-6:30, but she isn't interested in staying up a minute past 7. I think the neighbor starting his truck at 5:30 is actually the culprit, but what can you do? *Gives mommy and daddy loads of smiles, but in public she is too busy scoping out what is going on and has to be in the mood to give a stranger a smile. Maybe she's shy??
*Favorite sounds are: rarara, bababbaba, mamamommamom, dadadadad, fffffffff, hoo *Tries to shake everything to see if it rattles...your hand, your hair, her pacifier, basically anything and everything that enters her little hands. I have tried to show her how to bang toys (I'm not sure why), but she has zero interest. She only likes shaking.
*Loves the piano and music.
*Doesn't seem to have any stranger anxiety yet, but if I am in the room, she thinks she needs me to hold her. If I sit next to her she tries to immediately climb up me.
*When she was first born in the hospital, she looked exactly like me but w/ hair. By the time we brought her home, she was the spitting image of Jeff for a long time. Now I think she just looks like Heidi. I don't think she necessarily looks more like me or Jeff.

She goes in for a 9-month check-up so we'll see her stats then,but my guess is she still in a very low percentile for everything--although those cheeks must weigh a pound each! Don't you just want to squeeze 'em?

4 comments:

Fleck Family said...

I love your statement she looks like Heidi!
Beth she is such a doll!!!! I love your blog!

The Peterson's said...

It is so fun watching her grow! she is beautiful!

Lindsey said...

Beth, Heidi is sooo cute! What a happy, darling little girl. Your posts about her always make me smile.

Lea Tame said...

She's so cute!