Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey Day


We had a great Thanksgiving! Thankfully, the weather wasn't as bad as predicted and we headed down to Utah to spend the holiday with Jeff's family. Heidi was such a great little traveler! I fed her right before we left and we hit the road. Heidi talked to herself happily for the first 20 min. or so and then fell right to sleep the rest of the drive.

Our first stop was to visit Jeff's grandma. Heidi had fun meeting her great grandma Magda (Magdalena).

We had a great time being spoiled with delicious food and enjoyable company. Heidi had a great time being spoiled by all of her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and adoring cousins. She was such a good girl and slept great in her new playpen. She kept waking up while everyone was awake playing games, talking, etc. but she went back to sleep when I gave her the pacifier so I am not complaining. She still slept until 5 or 5:30 everyday so I was thrilled! I was a little concerned since it would be a new situation for her. She was a happy little girl and seemed to enjoy and take in all the commotion. She loves to watch everything and everybody. On Friday Jeff and I went into town to visit my old college roomie, Anita. It was sooo fun to see her! She tried to come visit at the hospital when Heidi was born, but my phone wasn't working and we missed each other. I was glad I got a chance to see her while she was still in Utah. Overall we had a fabulous break and are so grateful to have had the time to see family! We wish we all lived closer so the get togethers could happen more often!

1 comment:

Kari said...

I'm so glad to hear she's sleeping well for you.:) I was just having a little W36/Elms de ja vu of my own, because Breath of Heaven came up on my Christmas playlist...good times!