Sunday, March 7, 2010

Updates

I don't really have an excuse for why it has taken me so long to write since my last post, but here I am a month later with updates.

Let's see...

*Due date: August 24

* Boy or Girl? We find out April 9. I think it's a boy, Jeff thinks it's a girl. Most people are having boys these days so it seems to make sense...

*Feeling okay, but still suffering with horrible migraines 3-4 times/month. Having a student teacher has definitely been helpful. I have a prescription for something that is supposed to be safe, but still not sure whether or not I'll actually pick it up. If I didn't know this before, I definitely know it now: Tylenol sucks. I think it's safe because it does absolutely nothing and quite possibly makes headaches worse.

*I went to my 16 week appointment Friday. The heartbeat was 147. Everything looks good so far.

*I put in my resignation letter last Monday....it was a hard day and a hard decision. Definitely the hardest decision I have ever had to make. I hadn't planned on making the decision so soon, but when a $500 stipend was offered, I decided I had better decide. I cried for about 3 hours straight and then realized that we have been fasting and praying for this little miracle for a very long time and the thought of dropping it off was more than I could handle. I feel like I am losing a piece of who I am, but I know it was the right decision for me. I have LOVED the last 7 teaching years and have learned so much. Back to a tight budget! I hope to go back someday and my principal wants me to come in and teach writing lessons every now and then.

*We have been spending a lot of time looking at baby stuff and have become very overwhelmed...how can something so small require so much? Then there is the question of what is really necessary because let's face it, I really don't want extra stuff around if I don't need it! Where did everyone find their cribs and changing tables?? I need some ideas.

*We are making plans to gut our upstairs bathroom before I get too much farther along so I can be a little more help. I can't wait to have that project out of the way.

*At my last doctor appointment I found out horrible news. If you know me, you know I have been searching for a long time to find a good doctor. Well, last summer I found him, and I love him. On Friday I found out he won't be around when our baby is born because he is in the national guard and was called to Afghanastan. What are the chances? That was devastating for me, but I know it will work out. Now I just need to get familiar with the other doctors in the practice.

*I found out I can't run anymore...now that was not fun to hear. I have been banned to walking. Before I had to slow to jogging, but that was still better than walking. It will be worth it and hopefully I can get back into a routine after the baby is born.

*No pictures of the belly yet, because apparently there isn't too much to see yet. I definitely know it's there and growing. I have a bad feeling I am going to be huge, but in clothes I guess no one can tell because all I hear all day is, "So when are you going to start showing?" I keep thinking, "Please tell me my stomach didn't always look like this."

So, that pretty much wraps it up...would love any and all advice about how to prepare and where to get what I need!

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

I remember the day I handed in my resignation papers to Doug. I know exactly how you feel. But I must warn you, handing in your keys is even worse. With that said, I am loving being at home. It's amazing how something so small can make me not miss teaching. I think you are going to really love it. Anyway, I am so glad that you guys are doing well. I can't wait to find out what you are having.

Dana said...

Even though it's hard to leave teaching...you'll appreciate that decision when you have your little one here. I have to go back to work in a week and as much as I love my job and miss my students, I am DREADING leaving my baby behind. I would give it all up for my baby in a heartbeat if I could. Our crib is from Babies'R'Us. We love it. However, I would recommend checking out any small baby boutique shops. I just went into a small baby store in Kaysville the other day and they had the most gorgeous cribs I'd ever seen- much different than the same-old ones you see at all the big chain stores (same with the bedding). Good luck with everything!

karen louise said...

I am so excited for you, Beth! That is so neat that you will be able to stay home with baby and not have to work. If it ever happens for me, it's totally my route as well...having a mommy at home all the time was just what I needed as a kid, but never ever got that. You will be a fantastic mom, I know it! And leaving teaching will not seem that hard when the little one comes! I'm sure! :D So happy for you...

McMurtrey said...

I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to find out what your having. Can't wait to see you next month.

Megan C. said...

Honestly, the only time I've really missed teaching since I've started staying home was when I went to visit last week. You'll be so busy and consumed by your little one, you won't even be thinking about school. It's totally worth budgeting to be with your sweetie.

We got our crib at a liquidation sale at some warehouse in Springville. We just saw an ad on KSL. And our changing table came from Sears. Also got the rocker/glider at Walmart. I love that thing. It makes so much easier!

Looking forward to some belly shots soon!

Lacey said...

It's hard leaving teaching, but I have not once felt regret. Your making the right decision! About all the stuff... That's why you have a shower! You need to come to Utah sometime and you'll go home with lots of goodies once you teaching friends get finished with you!

The Peterson's said...

I got my Crib from Shopko and Owen made my Changing table for me. I am SOOOOOO excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures!

Melissa said...

A 147 heart beat might mean girl. Mylee has been in the 140's to 150's. Good luck. You will show before you know it. We are having a girl so you just might get a girl. We are not doing a crib for Mylee. The all in one pack n play is the way we are going. It has a changing table on top with the bassinet and a little diaper organizer on the side. I figure you only need the changing table for the first few months and then you can use a bed, couch or floor. Good luck with a happy healthy pregnancy.

jonna said...

feels horrible saying your are done teaching, huh? takes awhile to get over it too...not to scare you but it does.

I am still so excited for you. I wish we were at pony still so we could talk about it all the time. And seeing how we hate to talk on the phone, we are never going to catch up:) so did you find out when your next trip down is? can you fit me in?

miss you tons...really do...take care of yourself.

can't wait to find out the sex...I am rooting for a girl! although a boy is so much easier right now!

jonna said...

p.s...i love lacey's idea of coming out for a teacher reunion/baby shower! let's do it...I will plan it all!

The Birds said...

I agree we need to have a shower. I will help you Jonna! I am rooting for a girl. Although I loooove boys too! Girls are fun to shop for and boys are easy to shop for. I got my crib at Burlington Coat factory. Bedding for both kids I got at babysupermall.com. they have free shipping and I found the cheapest prices there. You are right about all the baby stuff. You really don't need that much. My first baby I used more "stuff", by the third I pull the minimal out. I hate the clutter and the other kids messing with it. Good luck, you will be the best mommy!!!