Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm so excited...and I just can't hide it!


I am so excited!!!! I found out that I get to go to Washington D.C. next month!!! I have been taking this math class and our teacher, who is also the assistant superintendent of our district, told us last class she had extra money for four people to go the NCTM math conference. There are about 35 people in our math class and when we asked where it was and she said D.C. I thought everyone would want to go. She told us to send an email to her and tell her why we wanted to go if we were interested. Well, two of my friends and I decided to try for it thinking that we probably wouldn't get picked since we are some of the younger teachers. As it turns out, we ALL got picked so I guess no one put in for it. I am sooo happy because it will be so fun to go on a trip to DC that I don't have to pay for! The best part is that I get to go with some friends. We will be going to math conferences and are required to help the district map the math curriculum with what we learn, but I think it is such a great opportunity!!! I am hoping to learn a lot and can't wait for a chance to go back east. We leave around April 21 and get back around the 24th I think. The details aren't set in stone, but hopefully I will have much more interesting things to post about in the next month!!

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

WOW!!! Congratulations! I am so jealous. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Megan C. said...

So jealous! I went to the NCTM Conference last year, but it was only in boring old Salt Lake

Dana said...

That's so exciting! I went to DC a year ago with all the teachers at my school for DIBELS training. It was such a great experience and I'm dying to go back!

I'm so excited for you! And I expect lots of pictures and blog posts about it all! =)

Lacey said...

I love D.C. how fun. Jealous!

McMurtrey said...

That is going to be so fun! Great time of year too. All the cherry blossoms should be out. I've heard that it is really pretty that time of year.

Rachel said...

That sounds so fun! You will have a blast especially since you are going with people you are already friends with. I love DC it's so pretty.

Carrie and Jeff said...

It's good to hear that you have friends ;) Haa! JK...of course you do, you're an extremely friendly person. Have a good time.

The Peterson's said...

Wow! That is great! I know you will have a blast. Have fun and enjoy!

The Birds said...

How fun!!I am excited to hear all about it and see great photos! How are you? Did you get my email?

Kerri said...

How fun Beth. It is so fun to go on a trip on someone else's dime.

Brian and Whitney said...

you have to give me the details so i can drive in and see you!!!!!

Brian and Whitney said...

you have to give me the details so i can drive in and see you!!!!!

Heidi said...

How cool is that!! Man, I am on a blog drought, I get on and wow, you are touring the U.S. What a great opportunity!! I hope that you have a great time and enjoy some of the sights and everything for me!! I wish I was one of your school friends that was selected to go with you!! What a great time of year to go!!