Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Be-lated Halloween!


So is Hallow
een fun for anyone other than the kids??? I don't know about anyone else, but I always leave Halloween with a massive headache!! I really do love it though, to be perfectly honest. I have no room moms or any help, so the party was all me and let's face it, it really wasn't all that great, but I am glad the day is over. I think the worst part of Halloween isn't all the candy, parades, or craziness, it's that November is the next day so you have to get all the new stuff up before leaving for the day! Not to mention our grades were due so I was at school rather late. Missing my laptop...that's all I have to say.


This year I was extremely uncreative. With grades and everything else I only had time to be a cowgirl...which consisted of a cowboy hat, jeans, and a big belt buckle...I really went all out. This is me with my good friend Annie. She is the BEST!! She teaches third grade next door to me and has been my lifesaver as I muddle my way through this year. I am so grateful to have her as a friend. The year would definitely be a lot more difficult if I didn't have such a sweet friend!

Sorry this post is so late...our internet hasn't been working. Either way, I have a lot to post about and comment on so hopefully I can get a little caught up this weekend!



8 comments:

karen louise said...

I totally agree with you--Halloween day as a teacher really is the worst day of the year! I always can't wait until it's over so I can relax in a hot tub!!!

jonna said...

ah, no moms means a hard day! Way to pull it off yourself. Can't wait to see what else you are going to post about! miss ya

Lindsey said...

I had a couple of years with no help from room moms, so I completely understand how your day went. After planning daily lessons, it's difficult to get the creative juices going for a party. Way to stick it out, though, and you looked darling! Halloween at school is still a very very vivid memory for me. Glad to see you survived!

McMurtrey said...

That is a lot of work for one day! Now that Benjamin is in school I really appreciate teachers more. (other than she is an Obama suppporter) They really should get you some moms to help! Or have grades due on another day.

JessieC said...

uhm, I think I'm offended, I was a cowgirl and proud of it! j/k I went through the same experience. The night before I just started tearing through my closet looking for something to come up with. :)

Fleck Family said...

WOW no room moms would be so hard! way to go on getting it all done yourself. if anyone could do it it would be you. You make a cute cow girl though. You will have to check out my blog, Tanner was an Emo kid we told him he couldn't do eye liner as a rule wasn't a good look for him :)
Can't wait to see what fun things you do with the kids for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

Dana said...

I can totally relate to missing the laptop! I hate only having access to school stuff while at school. My husband hears me complain about this a lot!

By the way, I like the cowboy outfit. =)

Heidi said...

Happy Halloween!!! I agree, Halloween as a teacher is the best and the worst. I visited Pony on Halloween and it was nice to see everyone and just observe the stress and not be a part of it!! They all say "hello" at Pony. Miss you!