Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Missing This

This week I have been thinking about how all you Alpiners are back to the books. We don't start until September 2 and I have been very busy with meetings and making all the preparations necessary to start with a new group. Although I am excited to start again and have a routine, I really have been struggling knowing I won't be teaching at the Pony anymore. I miss the kids, the community, the teachers, the staff, and feeling like I knew what I was doing. I know it will just take time to get into the swing of things here, but it doesn't make the transition any easier. It's hard to start over! I feel like a brand new teacher all over again. I feel bad because it makes Jeff feel bad when he realizes how sad I am. I know it will just take time, but it definitely won't be the same as Pony. The thing I miss the most is having all my old students come visit. It kills me to know I will probably never see my little ones again! So if you see my old students around the halls, please give them a hug for me and tell them I miss their little faces more than anything!!!

10 comments:

Ashlyn Ellsworth said...

I know exactly how you feel about not seeing your former students. That is the hardest thing! Since I just started my 2nd year at this school in Arizona I just love having my kdis from last year throw their arms around me and give me a huge hug saying they miss me. Pony will always be the best place. I will forever miss everything about that great school as well!

Cindi said...

You think it's hard for you? I think it's harder for us to have you gone!! I can't believe you won't be teaching writer's workshop. That is the one thing I still miss about a regular classroom. You should sneak it in anyways. Miss you. And I'm sure I'll see tons of your students! I'll tell them you miss them.

jonna said...

at least you are still teaching...think of how hard it was for me last year...with no teaching at all and leaving pony! very hard. I am sad around this time too...I miss everything about pony. I told eric if he wants me to work he has to move me out to POny so I can job share with someone. That is the only way I will ever work. Picky I know. I miss you!!!

Dana said...

I know how you feel. Last year was the hardest for me. I would catch myself always saying "At my old school, we did things this way..." But it gets better. You'll get used to the programs there and you'll settle in again. Don't worry!

Lindsey said...

I totally understand. I still have dreams about Pony Express (last night as a matter of fact) and teaching. That stinkin' place is something special, isn't? I know Laura is going through the exact same thing as you are right now too. Hang in there. Everything get better. Good luck with the next few weeks.

Carrie and Jeff said...

You just made me miss teaching. I actually thought about going back to teaching this year---cuz we need the $$$, but we didn't get it worked out. Just keep your wonderful, upbeat attitude. I'm sure everything will come together.

Whitney Hawley said...

Beth I feel ya!!! For me it is weird doing the inservice and not setting up a classroom!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Shauna said...

You must be such a wonderful teacher Beth. I am sure your students will miss seeing you as well. I think that was one of the hardest parts of teaching. You grow to love the kids you teach & then chances are you may or may not ever see them again. I am like you. I think my past students a lot & hope they are doing well & happy. I have to tell you. The last post about your new friends made me smile & laugh so much. I think it was one of my favorite posts I have ever read. I could relate so much. Good luck with your new class. Hopefully you will adjust better than you think.

Heidi said...

I miss it so much too!! It's nice to know I was part of such a special place with so many wonderful people!! Pony Express is a special place and I hope that everyone there will feel it like we all do!!

The Peterson's said...

I completely understand!! Beth I need to ask you a few questions! Can you call me when you read this. It is really important. I will try and get your phone number and call you as well! 801-717-6183