Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happiness

Last weekend Jeff and I made a quick trip out to his parent's house because Jeff's older sister was visiting from Cedar City with her four kids. While there, we went to the shoe store they built in that Daybreak area called DSW. In the back of the store there is a whole section of shoes on clearance from 30%-80% off and it is not like ordinary clearence shoe sections. It's organized and it isn't just the ugly stuff. Anywho, so as I was looking in size 6 I saw this pair of Saucony running shoes. I have been needing to running shoes, but have been putting it off until I found something I really liked that wouldn't cause me too much pain. Anyway, long story short, the shoes were only $35!! (That is a steal of deal if you have ever been in the market for a good pair of running shoes). I always buy Saucony and these ones seemed okay. I figured I couldn't go wrong for $35 even if they only lasted a couple of months. Well, let me just tell you. These shoes are a little piece of heaven. They have the best cushioning of any of the shoes I have had lately and they are a lot lighter. I feel like every step I take makes me bounce. And for only $35...but let me tell you, 5 miles of pain free running really is priceless.


As another note, on July 31 Jeff and I celebrated 4 happy years of marriage! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. We didn't do anything special this year (well, actually, we usually don't), but I always watch our wedding video (thanks Amy and Brian!) and remember the day. I'm hoping next year for 5 years we do something special.
Other than that, we have been up to pretty much the same old thing. We are speaking in church on Sunday (isn't that a great birthday present???). My classroom is now ready for children to come, but mentally I really don't feel prepared. Meetings start on the 22nd and the kids come on Sept. 2. I'm not as excited as I usually am for the new year. I met the new principal and he seems to be nice. I heard I was given all the naughty kids and emotially disturbed kids so even though I only have 18, it will be a challenge. I'm sure I will end up loving them all like I always do!


7 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

Only 18 kids??? Wow, what a dream - minus the behavior/emotional problems.

Happy birthday tomorrow and good luck on your talk!!!

jonna said...

That's right it is your birthday...I don't have a phone so here is your happy birthday wish!!!

You never called me while you were...!:( I understand you were probably busy!

Good luck in the new year...I swear you always get the behavior kids...it is just because you are the best with them...goodl uck!

Linsey said...

Beth,
Happy Birthday! You should be feeling pretty lucky that I would wake up at 2:30 in the morning just to wish you a happy birthday. I guess you could call me a really good friend! (or the nurse just left to take Daxton back to the nursery and I am wide awake!)

McMurtrey said...

Happy Birthday!! Happy Anniversary too!! 4 years that flew by!! Sorry to hear that you'll be getting all the bad kids!!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Anniversary too! YEAH, for Beth! Good luck with school. You are going to be great, like always.I would love to see pictures of your new classroom.

Carrie and Jeff said...

That is an awesome deal on your shoes. My sister-in-law just bought some nice running shoes for $90. I need to go running more---maybe I should check out that place. 18 kids? That's awesome, but having the challenging ones can make that seem like more. You'll be wonderful--you always are!

The Peterson's said...

18 is good. I still have 26, and only 6 have englilsh as their native language. I have really good kids. All are really smart. I don't have any kids that get pulled out for anything. Good luck with the new year. Happy Birthday!