Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Friend I Wish I Didn't Have...

Doesn't the title of my post sound so rude? Well, let me explain. Every morning bright and early I have made a lot of friends. I don't know any of their names, but I enjoy seeing them everyday. I'll mention a few of my favorites:

*Grandma 1 and Grandma 2. They are a pair of ladies that walk together and always have something to say like, "Looking Good", "Better run with your mouth closed or you'll get a mouthful of bugs," or just the 2 thumbs up. They are hilarious and I laugh eveytime I see them.


*Grandpa and his dog Chelsea. He walks with a walking stick and has this cute little dog he calls Chelsea. He always sits on the benches and overlooks the river. He likes to wave to me every morning and I think he is just the sweetest old man. I think his wife probably passed away. (I make up stories for all of my friends).


*Muscle Man. He amuses me because he is this big guy and he walks the two puniest looking dogs you'll ever see. I always wonder why he walks instead of runs.


*Tennessee man. He always rides his bike and he is always wearing a shirt with something or another about Tennessee. He is one of my all time favorite friends because he always gets a HUGE grin on his face and says, "Well, hello again!" really loud. He's a hoot.


*Old Man and Old Bike. Also another very cute old man. He rides a really old bike every morning and whenever the sprinklers are on, he says, "looks like you're going to get a shower!" So cute.


There are many more, but those are some of my very favorite. Now let me tell you about some of my other friends.


*Bunnies and prairie dogs....very numerous. Funny because they wait to last second to run away.


*Horses. I don't like the presents they leave behind, but it's kind of fun to see them on the trail.


*Deer. These are my favorite and I see them at least 4 times a week and by see I don't mean at a distance. They are right next to me and I am always amazed. I usually see between 4-15/day when I see them. They are also not scared of humans and the babies are so stinking cute I want to keep one for a pet.


Now for the friend I could live without. This morning when I was running I was stopped by Grandma #1 and Grandma #2 before I crossed the street. Thankfully they were there because just before I was about to cross this is what I they pointed out to me:
Had it not been for Grandmas #1 and #2 I would have gone to my science meeting very stinky and I don't think it would have been great way to make a first impression! Thanks for looking out for Grandma 1 and 2!!!

11 comments:

McMurtrey said...

I'm glad that you are making friends. I'm glad that you didn't get sprayed. People seem really nice there. I can't believe all the deer.

Lea Tame said...

Beth, this is so funny! We missed you today at meetings! Sounds like you're having fun in Wyoming though.

Whitney Hawley said...

Beth I love reading your blogs. I love your new friends. I think I am like the VP cause all I have done is set up my room and go to lunch with the principal. It is funny I am the youngest female good'ol'boy you have ever seen! HA! HA! I wish you were at my school in my outhere country!!!

JessieC said...

Wow, it sounds like a fun and beautiful job to get to see all those animals and nice people.

Lindsey said...

LOL!! I loved this story. Thanks for the laugh. Good luck with future runs.

Cindi said...

I love hearing about all of your new friends. I'm mostly looking forward to a mystery for you to solve.

I also missed you at meetings. Doug shared your class test scores w/ the faculty. Way to go!

Carrie and Jeff said...

I love all your little friends. That was so fun to read. I always see the same people every time I got out walking/jogging.

Rachel K. said...

I miss you Beth! It sounds like you have one of the most social jogging routes ever though... Probably beats running around the Pony!

The Peterson's said...

I love your new friends! Next time I am up I should gop running with you and meet them!

Lacey said...

That's really funny! I run at night and so I don't get the same crowd, but I'm thinking about switching.

Heidi said...

Awesome!! I love this post. Sounds like some friendly people around. I really love the two old ladies, they sound a lot like my cute Aunties.