Saturday, December 15, 2007

Grandpa George


It's funny how you think you have everything planned and then one phone call changes your life and all of your plans. This weekend was supposed to be pretty boring except for my little brother coming to stay the night on his way home from college at BYU-I tonight. For Christmas Jeff and I were just going to stay home without any big plans and enjoy a little down time while getting ready for our life changes in Wyoming. Then my dad called me this afternoon to tell me my grandpa is in a coma and will most likely only live another day at best. Jeff and I had gone down in October to visit and he seemed to be doing pretty well. I'm so glad we went. It looks like we may end up in California for Christmas afterall depending on what happens. I really hope for a miracle and that he will be able to pull through but I know the chances of that happening are really slim. I guess I should just count my blessings that I have had him in my life for as long as I have. So if I'm a little teary eyed or ignore you in the next few days, just know my mind is somewhere else. I love you grandpa!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am so sorry, Beth. Grandparents are the greatest. It's tough to see them go. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Natalie Kay said...

Sad! I'm so sorry! I will be praying for you.

Laura T said...

That's news no one wants to hear- I'm so sorry! What a neat memory you'll have of visiting in October. Your family is in my prayers.

jonna said...

what a cute grandpa! so sorry...hope things work out and hope yo uare doing well...keep us posted and i'll be thinking of ya!

JessieC said...

okay, that hit a little too close to home. I got tears just reading that. Grandpas are awesome and I hope the best for your. My Grandpa's first name is George too (George Edward:)