Thursday, November 16, 2017

heidi


 Heidi is an amazing girl and I am so lucky I get to be her mom.  She absolutely loves school.  Loves isn't a strong enough word.  She has the best teacher this year and I am so grateful she was placed in her class.  She makes learning fun, hands on, and exciting and she is so positive and notices the good things in her students.  It is the best learning environment.  Each week Mrs. Mandie chooses a handwriting king or queen and last week Heidi was chosen!  She was beyond thrilled.  She has been working extra hard on her handwriting and she was excited to be recognized.

Heidi is so incredibly smart and has always loved reading.  I remember getting stacks of books from the library when she was tiny and she would want to read all 15 at once and then she would "read" them to herself.  It's no surprise that she is reading well above grade level and is rarely found without a book.  I love this about her!

Heidi is just an all around beautiful person and
I love that she wants to do and try and everything.  We have always said she seems so much older than she is because she has an ability to see things from a more adult perspective.  Everyone loves Heidi...it doesn't matter who is coming over, they want Heidi.  Little kids and big kids adore her.  She is just so fun to play with and she is so, so sweet to others.  I have watched her diffuse situations with friends in ways that amaze me.  Yesterday she came home with a "good friend" sticker on her.  I asked her what it was for but she acted embarrassed and didn't want me to know.  I saw another teacher from her school at dance and she asked me if Heidi had told me what happened, but again, Heidi didn't want anyone talking about it.  After the other teacher alluded to me probably wanting to know, I messaged her teacher to get the scoop.  As proud as I am of Heidi for all of her academic and extracurricular successes, it is the beautiful and kind heart that she has that I admire the most.  I often tell her that kindness and getting along with others is her super power.  I wasn't surprised with what her teacher told me she had done....treating others in that manner is very typical for her, but to
have someone else notice that quality in her reminded me just how special she is.

"If every person made it a rule that wherever you are, whenever you can, you will try to act a little kinder than is necessary-the world really would be a better place."  (From the book, "Wonder" that we just finished reading together)

Thank you for choosing to be kinder than is necessary, Heidi.  I love that about you.


No comments: