Thursday, November 16, 2017

a big, huge cut


 The first picture has nothing to do with the post, but aren't those two the cutest little shopping buddies ever??  We have a birthday party Saturday and we needed Santa hats for a dance performance coming up, and those two wore those hats the entire time and I thought it was the cutest thing ever. 

Sunday was a terrible day. It really was.  Some days are like that.  I was rushing and felt rushed the whole day.  I hate that feeling.  We were trying to get family pictures taken.  The weather just has not cooperated on the weekends!  Well, I was walking out of church and Savanna
was in front of me and stopped.  Or maybe she was just slow and I was rushing.  It's all a blur.  All I know is that the bottom of the door caught the back of her ankle and sliced it open.  I wasn't paying enough attention because my mindset was to get in the car and get everyone ready to go.  I wasn't as compassionate as I should have been because I was frustrated at myself and because I had no idea how bad it was until we got home.  The guilt on this one has been all consuming.  I have apologized a billion times to Savanna since.  The pictures were cancelled and Jeff and Savanna sat in urgent care for over two hours waiting to be glued and bandaged.  She didn't walk for two days,but is now limping. The wound is healing really well and she should be back to herself soon.  I know accidents happen, but this experience has really helped me try and slow down and not get in the "rush rush" mentality.  I don't want to rush through a single day with these precious girls of mine so I just need to stop worrying about trying to make everything so perfect all of the time.  If one of the girls hair wasn't curled, who cares??  If we were two minutes late, who cares???  I have spent this week really trying to simplify our schedule.  I haven't been rushing bedtime as much as I usually do knowing and worrying that school is the next day.  Instead, we have read an extra book, snuggled a little longer, sang one more song, we even skipped a bath tonight...and you know what?  Even if they went to bed at 8:05 instead of 7:45, they went to bed happier, I was less stressed,  and it didn't make that much difference the next day.   

No comments: