Wednesday, July 27, 2016

oh savanna

Oh sweet Savanna.  This child.  What a funny little girl she is.  She says the funniest things, makes the funniest faces, and can be the biggest spitfire one second and the biggest, most loving cuddle bug the next.  She keeps us on our toes and we would so very sad if we did not have this little firecracker to keep things interesting.  She picked up talking and language a little slower and still sometimes gets words and phrases mixed up.  When she first started talking a lot she would mix her verbs and nouns all of the time and would confuse what word she wanted to use.  She is doing an awesome job and the sounds are coming along better now, but she still gets a few things mixed up.  The other day I was getting ready and putting my make up on.  She was sitting next to me looking through some pictures.

Savanna: Hey mom, remember when I was a black kid?

I about died laughing.  First of all, I was so confused because we really do not talk about race a lot and I know we have never even said anything like, 'Oh he/she is a black person/kid".  So it seemed extra funny she would even say something like that and it was so, so funny because why on earth would she say such a thing??  I was trying so hard not to burst out laughing.

I looked at the picture she was looking at and it was her newborn picture. We always tell her she had dark black hair and had so much hair she even had fuzzy black shoulders.  That must be where the confusion came.

Me: Oh, you mean, do I remember when you had black hair?
Savanna: Yeah.

I was laughing about that all.day.long.  I still am.  Savanna, you are the best.  Seriously.

No comments: