Wednesday, March 26, 2014

bruiser

Poor Savanna.  She is very rarely not sporting a bruise on her head.  This one might be the worst one yet, although the picture really doesn't do it justice.  Plus, it actually looks better than yesterday.  It's not that Savanna has no caution, it's just that she doesn't have a whole lot of it.  She is so curious and seems to find trouble wherever she goes.  She also gets super excited about things and takes off a little faster than her little body is ready for.  I'm sure people think I either beat her or don't watch her and I hope the bonking her head phase ends soon.

Yesterday I was trying to take a fast shower before someone came to pick up Heidi's old bedding I was selling.  Savanna naturally followed me into the bathroom and like she always does, walked over to the shower to throw her toys or whatever was currently in her hands in.  She tripped on the bath mat and slammed her little head on the tile.  I felt so bad and was actually quite relieved it was her head that hit and not her mouth.  My hair was full of shampoo and there wasn't a whole lot I could do immediately.  Of course 5 seconds later Heidi came running in to tell me the doorbell was ringing.  Of course it was.  I quickly washed the shampoo out of my hair, kissed Savanna's head, threw a towel over my head and put on a robe so I could answer the door in all my glory.  Not my proudest moment, but I guess that's just life.  On the plus side the weather turned out to be glorious and we spent the entire day at the park and going for walks.  I have no doubt Savanna will be sporting bruises all summer with the way she plays at the park! She was so funny on the slides because she was too excited to sit down before sliding and would just start running down only to fall backwards and slide down on her back.  And yes, I was right there and Heidi was right behind her.  The girl is speedy and completely unpredictable.  We love her to pieces and the bruise only gives us more reasons to keep kissing her little face.

No comments: