Tuesday, November 12, 2013

happy 'first'giving

 For some reason Heidi calls Thanksgiving, Firstgiving.  I don't have the heart to tell her that's not the right word because it is just so dang cute.  For the longest time she has been telling me, "First we will have Halloween, then Savanna's birthday, then Firstgiving, and then Christmas."  It makes me smile every time she says it.  This month our family nights have been so much fun!  We have been working on our thankful tree and Heidi can't get excited enough about how big it is getting.
Yesterday for family night we made treats and turkey bags (well, they kind of look like turkey indians) and took them to our neighbors and friends.  Heidi was beaming as she handed them to people saying, "HAPPY FIRSTGIVING!"  It was the best night of her life apparently.  Especially since she got to sit in the front of the car while we took the ones that were in our neighborhood around.  She always says, "I just love family night.  I can't wait until it's Monday again!"  I hope she still loves it when she's 13....what are the chances?

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

So cute! What a great way to celebrate!