Thursday, November 29, 2012

you havin' a good day?

When Heidi sees Savanna on the floor, she usually wants to join her because
"Heidi needs a little rest"...she has a pretty stressful life.
 Heidi says the funniest things and they are so much more entertaining if you hear her say them in person.  Lately I have been getting such a kick out of what she says to Savanna.  The other day Savanna was in her bouncy seat and I was washing dishes.  I told Heidi to talk to Savanna for me.  She obediently went over, got right in her face, and said, "You havin' a good day Vanna?  Yes you are."  Then she came back to "help" me wash dishes.  At least she tried.
 Heidi has really surprised us with how well she has adjusted to having a new sibling.  When she got in the laundry basket for a ride she wanted to make sure Savanna was included.  "Vanna likes this!  Vanna wigglin' around!  Vanna loves Heidi!"

 If we don't understand what Heidi says, she repeats herself and says, "OH!"

Heidi: Member the green soap, mom?  Member that?
Me: The green soap for the dishes?
Heidi:  OH!!  The green soap at the car wash!

She also likes to come up with something and then say, "good idea".  "Heidi's coloring on the diaper box.  Good idea."  Everything is usually good news too.  "Good news!  Heidi's blanket came today.  Heidi's so happy."
 I hope Savanna loves to read as much as Heidi does, but I think Heidi wants her to like books even more than I do.  She reads to her all the time...especially when she gets a new stack from the library.  I love to listen to Heidi read.  She generally reads the story almost word for word, but every page always starts with, "One time..."  Then when she finishes she says, "That was a cute book.  Heidi read that so cute."  Cute is definitely her favorite word.
I can't believe Savanna is already almost four weeks old.  She is just as sweet as they come.  I can't wait until she sleeps longer stretches at night, but what a joy she is to our family.  I am so glad Heidi loves her so much.  When she is moving more Heidi will definitely be a bit more frustrated since she already says, "Vanna don't color with Heidi's crayons.  She won't."  I wonder how much she will love her sister when she actually can pick up, grab, and ruin her stuff!

No comments: