Wednesday, November 21, 2012

adjusting

 It's been awhile since I posted and I was thinking I better post so I don't forget life with two little, darling girls.

We have been doing well, but there has definitely been some adjusting.  You know, the hormone changes after having a baby which includes loads of crying for no apparent reason...healing from the c-section (which has been sooo much more difficult this time)....feeling guilty not spending as much time with either girl as I would like to...exhaustion from lack of sleep, etc.
 Of course there have been lots of sweet moments too.  I have been lucky to have help after Savanna's arrival.  Jeff was home the first week, which was nice for Heidi and of course me.  The next week I had my mom here, which was nice because I was able to go get some newborn pictures of Savanna (without having to have Heidi come along and be bored).  Our new neighbor is a photographer and we are looking forward to having a photographer neighbor!  She did a great job and I am sure I will cherish these pictures.  Heidi had a blast with my sister too.
 I am grateful to have a hubby who loves his little girls as much as I do.  We just can't get over the size different between the two girls.
 Savanna is still just about as sweet as they could possibly come, but she still has a bit of trouble sleeping at night.  The hardest part is that the only time she wants to sleep is when she is nursing.  As soon as I lay her down, she is wide awake and wanting to eat.  It makes for long nights, but she is such a sweet, mellow little one I can't complain too much.  It wouldn't be so hard if I didn't have a two year old to chase around during the day.
Heidi is a great big sister and loves to give Savanna kisses whenever she can.  She hates it when I have to feed her little sister, but other than that, she still loves the idea of having a new little one around.  In other news, we are still focused on getting into the house...the sooner the better.  It is definitely getting to the fun stage as we see the cabinets, trim, and flooring going in, but we are still at least two weeks out.  It couldn't get here fast enough!

No comments: