Wednesday, September 19, 2012

what we've been up to

Not a whole lot of news from our house but I thought I better post.  J has been coming home at a decent hour this week and that makes everyone in our household a whole lot happier!  The house is coming along and we are happy with the progress.  Still pretty sure we won't be in before baby #2 makes the big debut, but what can you do?  We have a HUGE pile of wood in the backyard so we are ready to use the wood burning stove.  Jeff should be done splitting this evening...phew.  Now the stacking begins.  I think we have enough for probably two-three years...no joke.   
Heidi spends the great majority of her day playing legos...seriously, it is all she ever wants to do.  Well, legos and "helping" wash dishes...which is what I feel like I do all day.  Once I have a dishwasher again, I think I might have to kiss it everyday.  I would have been a lousy pioneer.  I think Heidi will just get more legos for Christmas because they keep her entertained for hours on end.  We have also been making as many park visits as we can since we know the weather will turn on us soon.

Last weekend we went to Ogden to pick out flooring.  While there we set a date to see some of the "up north" Pony girls.  SO FUN!  Do not ask me how I ended up with no picture since I brought my camera and everything.  It was so fun to chat with some of the best friends I have ever had.  I love that after not seeing each other for years, it feels like no time has passed.  So fun to see their darling little families and catch up a bit.  Can't wait for the next get together...we are trying to get a Pony reunion together sometime soon.


1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

Cairo is just getting into legos but I am not sure anything can replace hot wheels cars. Glad things are going well for you1