Wednesday, January 25, 2012

For Sale

Our house has been up for sale for about a week and a half.  If you haven't heard the word, we are building a house in a town about 45 miles from where we are living currently.  It's really bittersweet.  We really feel we are supposed to move (I have never felt so strongly about anything in my life), but we are really sad to leave the town, people, and home we have grown to love.  Although I am anxious for our house to sell and so excited about the new home we are building, I am so sad to leave the memories of our first home behind.  Jeff and I had so much fun fixing the house up just how we wanted it...the painting, ceilings, garden, bathrooms, etc.  I remember the "taking down the wallpaper nightmare" like it was yesterday.  I remember feeling the rush to get the new bathroom done before we had a new little one to bathe in the tub.  I remember Jeff scraping ceilings for hours while I picked out paint colors and painted three bedrooms while on winter break.  I remember planting, harvesting, and bottling three years of vegetables--our garden was definitely the best the first year.  Most of all, I remember bringing my little Heidi to this home.

I am sad to leave our town.  I love all the parks and I love that I can walk to a lot of them.  I have so many memories of walking with Jeff before Heidi came and millions more after she came along.  I will miss having the running trail right next to my house and I have many, many memories of running in the early morning on that trail...skunks, rabbits, deer, kamakaze birds and all.  I will miss walking to the grocery store.  I will miss the school district...they have been SO good to me.

Most of all we will miss all the friends we have made.  We have so many wonderful friends from church and work.  I worry about starting all over again.

I'm so glad we moved here.  I will miss it--but, I still hope our house sells and that another family can make some happy memories in this house.  I hope they will love this house and town as much as we have.  I keep reminding myself there are new memories to be made in a new place.  The unknown is scary, but we just have to trust what we feel and we definitely feel we are supposed to go so fingers and toes crossed that our home will sell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.