Monday, August 8, 2011

Raspberry Picker

So when we got back from camping Jeff was sleeping because he was on nights. Heidi woke up from her nap and I had a million and twelve things to do. One of them being picking the raspberries. She loves to be outside and I have taken her with me to do this job before. Anyway, she was a little crabby and wasn't crazy about fending for herself on the grass, but I had to get them picked. So she fussed awhile and kept trying to be helpful by dumping my bucket over repeatedly. Then I got distracted because my friend called. So there I was picking and yapping listening to Heidi whine. Then she got quiet and seemed to have found some fun pulling at the grass...or so I thought. In the time I had turned my back to her for approximately 4.5 seconds, she had successfully gotten INTO the raspberry bush and was happily stuffing her face. She was less than thrilled when I pulled her away from her delicious treat. Don't worry, she also had pieces of grass stuck to her face. When I told my friend what was going on she said, "get the camera!" So, I did. Luckily Jeff woke up just in time to help hold her still for a picture. As you can tell, she was not happy about this whole thing. I might be picking the raspberries during nap time from now on!

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

Such a cutie! She likes her Raspberries!