Thursday, January 27, 2011

Projects, Pacifiers, and the UPS man


My friend Stephanie and I made these calendars and I am so excited about them! I have the perfect place to hang it. I have been wanting a calendar for a long time and couldn't decide what I wanted to do. We went to a craft fair and saw something, but then when we looked online we found we liked better, but it was too much money. My friend's mom knew a lady who could do the vinyl and metal cheaper so we finally decided to do it! I just need to hammer in a few nails and have Jeff hang it. It was fun making them because my friend has a darling little boy who is 8 weeks older than Heidi. It was fun to put them next to each other and see them look at each other. We're pretty sure they will get married someday. :)

This isn't the most stellar picture of Heidi, but I had to post about how funny she has been lately. She loves her binky. I try to only let her have it if she's crying or sleeping, but the little sneak always seems to find it if it is anywhere near her. For about a month or so she would see you holding it and then grab your hand and bring it to her mouth. It was so funny. Now she just takes matters into her own hands. I'm not sure why it startles me to see the pacifier in her mouth when I haven't put it there, but it makes me do a double take every time. She is also learning how to pull the thing that makes noise on her bouncer seat. Whenever I hear a little monkey noise or music from the other room, I know she was successful. It's fun to see her learn new things, but it is also a constant reminder that she is getting bigger.

My next bit is quite humorous to me. When I explained the situation to Jeff I was laughing so hard that I had tears running down my face. I realize it's probably not that funny, but maybe I'm just a little tired and loopy. Anywho, so when I first brought Heidi home she was a delight. Then week 3 hit and I wondered when her parents were coming to pick her up. We went outside a lot to pace. At that time, we were in the process of re-financing our house to a lower interest rate so the UPS man came with documents on a pretty regular basis. The first time he came, I happened to be outside with Heidi tossing a diaper. He seemed all smiley and of course thought Heidi was the cutest baby he had ever seen. Well, two days later he arrived again and I was out on the driveway pacing. This time he gave me kind of a funny look and it was then that I realized he probably thought I was this stay at home mom who just sits around ordering stuff off the internet and waiting for it to arrive. Two days later, lo and behold, this happened again. I was feeling a bit embarrassed. Then on another day I was taking Heidi for a walk and seemed to be walking everywhere the UPS truck was driving...I really think he thought I was following him.

So anyway, yesterday I was anxiously awaiting the fedex truck. We FINALLY ordered new phones (I no longer have to walk around the house plugging my phone in wherever I go). I had also ordered some diapers and things from diapers.com, but wasn't expecting them until Thurs. Finally I hear the doorbell ring and it's the fedex lady. Whoo hoo! As I am standing at the door signing my life away I notice a big, brown truck pulling up to my house and parking right behind the fedex. At which point the fedex lady says, "Oh my, it looks like you are getting another package". Sure enough. The UPS man had come at the same time so now he really, really thinks all I do is order stuff and wait for it to come all day long. As he came on the porch and was standing next to the fedex lady with his package, it was all I could do not to bust out laughing. As they left, I noticed them standing on my driveway talking to each other for a good 3 minutes. Perhaps they were discussing the lonely housewife with the shopping addiction. Oh my.

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

I find your story quite humorous! Crazy mom who does nothing but order things. I LOVE your calendar. How do you change months? Is it dry erase or magnetic? How can I make one?