Thursday, September 9, 2010

What Happened?

I am not exactly sure what happened to my last post, but it appears to be gone. I was fixing something, went to re-post it, and it came up blank. Strange.

Anyway, things are going fine around here. Heidi definitely looks more like her dad these days. Her hair seems to be getting lighter, but it isn't falling out yet. I kind of hope it doesn't fall out too badly because it could look very strange where she has so much.

When we got home from the hospital I had a call from the Utah health place saying Heidi's PKU tests came back with some abnormal results. They were concerned about some metabolic disorder and cystic fibrosis. I took her in for her 2 week where they did the second PKU and we are thrilled to learn that the results are now normal. What a huge relief!!

We are adjusting slowly, but surely. Lack of sleep is the hardest part, as I knew it would be. Nursing is slowly getting a little better. We were doing pretty well and then I had my two week check up on the incision. I found out I had a urinary tract infection, which put me on antibiotics. The antibiotics have made Heidi a very sad girl since they make her tummy hurt. That is definitely the stinky part about nursing. I finish them on Sat. and can't wait to be done. Hopefully I will have a happier baby soon!

7 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

Beth! Your little sweetheart is so cute! I'm glad to hear things look good with her PKU, I'm sure that was super scary for a while. Congrats again!

The Peterson's said...

She is so cute! I am glad that things have worked out!

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

Oh good luck! Those first so many weeks are just tough. They get better and better. We C-sectioners have a whole different experience than those lucky women with regular deliveries. I am so sorry to hear about your infection but SO glad to hear that your daughter's PKU test was good! Have you heard of kiddopodomous wraps(I am sure I spelled that wrong)? They are what made my little guys sleep. Good luck with everything!

jonna said...

oh yeah. a post...not enough pictures though! Sounds like you have been through a lot. I wish I could make your recovery as easy as mine were! Glad to her she is doing so well and you too. Again...let me know when you are here, I have to met her!

jonna said...

i am horrible...a teacher and look at my spelling...all first grade words too, i am such an idiot.

McMurtrey said...

I don't think her hair will fall out. My kids hair didn't fall out. Sorry about the UTI though.

Megan C. said...

Wow - she really is looking so much like Jeff!