Saturday, January 19, 2019

sickness strikes

 Savanna brought home a really nasty stomach bug and shared it with everyone except Jeff.  It hit them all in the middle of the night and they got it about 2 days apart from each other.  So I was up almost 24 hours days for about a week.  Good times.  On top of that I had a crown put in, that ended up turning into a root canal. It was not an easy month.  I tried so hard to look on the bright side, but I was full of anxiety about if the tooth actually needed a root canal, who to trust to do the root canal, if the pain would stop if I got a root canal, how we would afford a root canal, why my teeth are so awful in spite of how meticulous I am about flossing and brushing, who was going to get the stomach bug next, if everyone would be healthy by Christmas, and on and on.  When I was able to sleep, I would wake up in a panic sweating and out of breath and just full blown anxiety.  It.was.awful.  I felt like I was going crazy.  I could hardly get through each day and I just felt so alone.  Logically, I knew and recognized all of my blessings and knew it was anxiety that was taking over, but I couldn't stop it like I usually can.  I finally got my tooth fixed and thankfully, the pain went away with it.  Unfortunately, due to the high does of Advil I was on for such a long time, headaches became an even worse issue than normal once I was no longer taking it.  So I had to work through some pretty horrific days of immense pain and vomiting from the rebound headaches.  But once I got through those, things started to look up and I was slowly, slowly able to get back to feeling more like myself.  December really wasn't a fantastic month, but there were some good moments and I am so grateful for the unconditional love from
 my sweet girls.  No matter awful I felt, they were always happy to see me, pray for me, and tell me they loved me.  I am so grateful the sickness passed and that they were better by Christmas! 


No comments: