Wednesday, October 17, 2012

the end of fall

 I am not sure if fall is really over, but it kind of feels like it where we live.  The temperatures have dropped drastically, especially at night, and the wind keeps blowing in freezing cold air.  Hopefully it's just teasing and will return for at least a few more weeks.  I haven't been as good as I would like to be with posting and I decided it is time to just sit and post already.  We took Heidi to the mountains a few weeks ago to look at the leaves.  Turns out we were about a week or two late but when we found this little tire swing she forgot about the leaves.  Oh and the river of course.  That girl just can't get enough of throwing rocks in the river!
 At my last appointment we had a million places to go for the house, etc. so we decided to take Heidi to Hee Haws farm so she had at least one fun place to go.  Oh my goodness did she have a blast!  I remember going with my class for field trips, but taking her was soooo much fun!  Everything was the best thing in the world to her and she was just so cute.  We were glad grandpa and grandma came with us too and we are so grateful grandma let us borrow her camera so we could remember the fun day.
 Heidi has become such a little daredevil lately and she loved going down this huge slide with her daddy.  I don't know who was giggling more--Jeff or Heidi.  They went down it probably a thousand times or so.
 Heidi also loved the hayride out to the pumpkin patch.  She wanted to pick a pumpkin for her sister too...warmed my little heart.  She has become so excited for her sister to come.  I know she will be so sweet to the baby--she just isn't going to love having less attention herself.
 Heidi had fun on the little horse swings and liked that they swung her in all different directions. She wasn't quite sure how to sit on it at first, but with some coaxing she finally decided riding side saddle wasn't the way to go.
 Tractor ride with her dad.  Have I ever mentioned what an incredible dad this man is to our little girl?  She has him so wrapped around his finger it's not funny and there is usually a lot of laughter any time they are together.  I love the way he looks at her and plays with her and never says 'no' when she asks him to play...even if it's a game they have played three billion times.
 Ring toss...or in her little world picking up each and every ring and putting it over the milk can.  This little one just can't handle it if anything looks out of place.  Let's hope that is a trait that she keeps forever.  :)
Oh how I love this picture.  I think this was probably her favorite activity and I am surprised we made it home with apparently only one kernal of corn.  I love my happy little girl.  Life is so much more fun with kids.
And as for the doctor, it went fine.  I am 35 1/2 weeks although I feel like I am 42 weeks.  The c-section is still scheduled for Nov. 10 and although the doctor doesn't think I will make it that far, I am quite confident we will.  We can't wait to have two little ones to kiss and love!

2 comments:

Megan C. said...

How did you make it out with only one kernel? When we went last year, I'm pretty sure we brought a whole ear of corn with us

McMurtrey said...

looks like lots of fun. Two is always more fun than one. Kids are great.