Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back 2 School

Yes, I know all the kids and teachers in Utah have been back at it for awhile, but here in the small town we just started school on Monday. The first week is always exhausting, but exciting nonetheless.

The first day went much smoother here than last year since I was more familiar with the school and routine. I am glad I decided to stay at my school. I really lucked out with my class this year also. They are ADORABLE. I have a little girl that moved here from England and she just makes the whole day that much better. I was really hoping we would have a baby at this point and that I wouldn't even be teaching anymore, but now that school has started I am glad I am still at it. My class has character with a capital C and I love those kind of years.

Anyway, what else have we been up to??? Well, let's see. We have done a lot of canning. We bottled over 40 bottles of beans and we just finished over 60 bottles of crabapple jam. Oh my. We have also had fun with our other veggies...zucchini, carrots, and onions. Our garden did quite well for the first year, and especially for being in WY. It must be the horse manure we stole from the horse corrals.

This month we also let Jeff's truck rest in peace. Yes, it really was time. Jeff was sad to let it go, but it just wouldn't pull the trailer when went to get wood. With my dad's help, we now have a beautiful new F-15o which we absolutely love and feel so grateful for. I am so proud that I have officially converted Jeff to join the FORD family.

I have also been busy with setting up our bedroom upstairs, hanging the beautiful shelf my sister-in-law made me and little decorating projects.

Now that the weather is cooling (we hope it sticks) we will go get wood one more time and then things should settle down a little for the winter. We will probably do a little more painting in the house, but we hope the winter will be somewhat quiet and uneventful. Is that a weird thing to hope for?

7 comments:

Kurt and Julie said...

Great to hear from you. Glad that your class is awesome this year. Way to go on the new truck and on your garden. We have been enjoying our garden and canning everything we can get our hands on. Have a great day. Love You

McMurtrey said...

I'm so jealouse about your garden. We plant one every year and it always does terrible. Oh well, maybe next year. I'm glad that school is going well and that your class is good for you. I heard about your truck and the deer. I'm so glad everything worked out ok.

Dana said...

Welcome back to school! I'm excited you have such a cute class. Does that little girl have an accent? I'm sure that would make me melt! You guys sound so busy- I think you deserve a quiet, relaxing winter. Good luck this year!

Lindsey said...

I am glad to hear that school has started off well. And your garden sounds awesome! I was not born with a green thumb. Maybe I should have you come to my house and help me put in a garden next summer. :P

Chris said...

I am glad your school year is off to a great start. I hear you about being home and having a break from teaching.. someday :) No other job compares though especially when you see 20+ cute faces every single day!

The Peterson's said...

Yay for back to school! First few days are hard but soon it is a second home! I hope you have a great school year!

jonna said...

i still miss it...i got asked in a store the other day if I was a teacher, the lady said she could tell by all the toys and books i was picking out...educational. made me sad but i enjoy my little ones!

what did you find out about coming out in october??? do you need a place to stay!